Best time to visit Zimbabwe
The best time to visit in Zimbabwe is from January until December, when you will have a pleasant or warm temperature and limited till mediocre rainfall. The highest average temperature in in Zimbabwe is 30°C in October and the lowest is 22°C in June.
Zimbabwe has the semi-arid climate prevailing. If you want to know what the average temperature is in in Zimbabwe or when most precipitation (rain or snow) falls, you can find a quick overview below. This way, you are well prepared. Our average monthly climate data is based on data from the past 30 years.
Average weather Zimbabwe by month
Travel and stay Zimbabwe
Looking to book a flight to Zimbabwe? Hop on one of these airlines.
14 day weather forecast Zimbabwe
The weather for in Zimbabwe will be 35° till 32° degrees in the next 14 days with a couple of days chance of light rain showers or even quite a bit of rain.
The weather forecast for Zimbabwe is based on the weather conditions in the city of Harare.
Weather forecast this week
|Sunday 17 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0.1 mm||20%||5 m/s||11|
|Monday 18 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0.6 mm||15%||6 m/s||5|
|Tuesday 19 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||6 m/s||11|
|Wednesday 20 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||5 m/s||7|
|Thursday 21 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||4 m/s||11|
|Friday 22 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||4 m/s||11|
|Saturday 23 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||4 m/s||12|
Weather forecast next week
|Sunday 24 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||5 m/s||8|
|Monday 25 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||5 m/s||4|
|Tuesday 26 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||5 m/s||3|
|Wednesday 27 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|12.9 mm||80%||4 m/s||1|
|Thursday 28 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0.1 mm||20%||5 m/s||1|
|Friday 29 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||4 m/s||4|
|Saturday 30 Oct||Precip||Chance||Wind||UV|
|0 mm||0%||4 m/s||4|
Zimbabwe has the semi-arid climate prevailing. It is warm to hot all year round and trees don't grow here because of the drought. It consists mainly of sand with grasses and sometimes shrubs. The average annual temperature for Zimbabwe is 26° degrees and there is about 501 mm of rain in a year. It is dry for 228 days a year with an average humidity of 63% and an UV-index of 5.
Climate table of Zimbabwe
|Day temp. (°C)||26||26||25||24||23||22||22||25||29||30||29||27|
|Night temp. (°C)||17||16||15||13||11||9||8||10||13||16||17||17|
|Days with rain||24||20||17||11||4||1||3||1||1||4||13||22|
|Sun hours per day||10||11||10||7||7||7||7||7||10||10||12||11|
|Wind force (Bft)||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||2||3||2||2||2|
Zimbabwe weather by month
What is the average weather like in a given month for Zimbabwe? Let's find out! Click on a month to check all the monthly averages for sunshine, temperature highs and lows, percentage chance of rain per day, snowfall accumulation and number of rainy days.
Weather experiences Zimbabwe
Already been to Zimbabwe?
Share your experience of the Zimbabwe weather and get a chance to win $150!
Popular places in Zimbabwe
- Victoria Falls
- Chief Sinamsanga
Frequently asked questions
Where is Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe lies in a straight line about 12,430 km from New Zealand (Wellington → Harare).
How long is the flight to Zimbabwe?
The flight time from Auckland Airport to Zimbabwe is approximately 16 h. 10 min.
What are the largest airports in Zimbabwe?
These are the largest airports in Zimbabwe:
How many inhabitants are there in Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe has approximately 14,542,235 inhabitants.
How big is Zimbabwe?
The area of Zimbabwe is around 390,580 km². It is 1,5x bigger than New Zealand.
What is the capital of Zimbabwe?
The capital of Zimbabwe is Harare.
What is the currency of Zimbabwe?
In Zimbabwe the US dollar (USD), Botswana pula (BWP), Pound sterling (GBP), Euro (EUR), South African rand (ZAR) is used to pay.
Exchange rates on 17 October 2021
- 1 US dollar = 0.69 New Zealand dollar
- 1 New Zealand dollar = 1.45 US dollar
- 10 US dollar = 6.92 New Zealand dollar
- 10 New Zealand dollar = 14.46 US dollar
- 100 US dollar = 69.15 New Zealand dollar
- 100 New Zealand dollar = 144.61 US dollar
- 1 Botswana pula = 7.68 New Zealand dollar
- 1 New Zealand dollar = 0.13 Botswana pula
- 10 Botswana pula = 76.75 New Zealand dollar
- 10 New Zealand dollar = 1.30 Botswana pula
- 100 Botswana pula = 767.54 New Zealand dollar
- 100 New Zealand dollar = 13.03 Botswana pula
- 1 Pound sterling = 0.52 New Zealand dollar
- 1 New Zealand dollar = 1.92 Pound sterling
- 10 Pound sterling = 5.22 New Zealand dollar
- 10 New Zealand dollar = 19.17 Pound sterling
- 100 Pound sterling = 52.17 New Zealand dollar
- 100 New Zealand dollar = 191.68 Pound sterling
- 1 Euro = 0.58 New Zealand dollar
- 1 New Zealand dollar = 1.72 Euro
- 10 Euro = 5.82 New Zealand dollar
- 10 New Zealand dollar = 17.17 Euro
- 100 Euro = 58.23 New Zealand dollar
- 100 New Zealand dollar = 171.72 Euro
- 1 South African rand = 10.67 New Zealand dollar
- 1 New Zealand dollar = 0.094 South African rand
- 10 South African rand = 106.65 New Zealand dollar
- 10 New Zealand dollar = 0.94 South African rand
- 100 South African rand = 1,066.53 New Zealand dollar
- 100 New Zealand dollar = 9.38 South African rand
What is the area code of Zimbabwe?
The area code to call Zimbabwe is +263.